Our Criminal Justice Technology – Homeland Security/Terrorism certificate program is designed to provide knowledge of criminal justice systems and operations. Emphasis is placed on criminal law, underlying issues of terrorism, homeland security, and ethics and community relations. Courses are offered in the two formats in alternate semesters to encourage student completion.
This is a certificate program and requires fewer credits and less time to complete than a degree or diploma program. Certificate programs can be taken alone but are often taken along with other Criminal Justice programs.
The Criminal Justice Technology program also offers degree, diploma, and additional certificate options.
Skills You’ll Learn
The Criminal Justice Technology program is focused on job-related skills in the following areas:
- Understanding the criminal justice system and its components (law enforcement, the courts, parole, juvenile justice, and corrections)
- Selecting appropriate techniques and practices for various types of criminal investigations
- Applying knowledge of criminal and constitutional law to criminal scenarios
There are many employment opportunities for Criminal Justice Technology graduates, including:
- Correctional officer
- County detention officer
- Deputy sheriff
- Intensive probation/parole surveillance officer
- Loss prevention specialist
- Police officer
- State trooper
Plan of Study
The recommended course sequence for this program and a complete list of related classes are available in the Academic Catalog. Click the button below to view a copy of this plan of study, which is also available as a PDF.