Our Medical Office Administration (MOA) Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program can prepare you for employment in medical and other healthcare-related offices. You will develop office skills and knowledge of medical terms, as well as learn to provide office support to medical facilities including records management, medical report production, patient interface, insurance and billing responsibilities, telephone interaction, and confidentiality.
The MOA program is convenient, allowing you take nearly all of the classes online. Some classes do have seated options if you’d rather come to the campus.
The MOA program also offers additional degree, diploma, and certificate options.
Skills You’ll Learn
The Medical Office Administration program is focused on job-related skills in the following areas:
- Demonstrating ethical behavior and interpersonal skills needed to function in a diverse medical office environment, as well as competency in the use of medical-specific software
- Producing a variety of business and medical documents following current healthcare standards
- Preparing accurate documentation for outpatient medical diagnoses and procedures
There are many employment opportunities for Medical Office Administration graduates, including:
- Dental offices
- Insurance companies
- Medical offices
- Medical supply companies
- Other healthcare-related organizations
- View more career opportunities
Plan of Study
The recommended course sequence for this program and a complete list of related classes are available in the Academic Catalog. Click the button below to view a copy of this plan of study, which is also available as a PDF.