If you enjoy driving and want to get paid to do it, our Department of Transportation (DOT) Wide Load Escort program is for you. The North Carolina DOT requires that all oversize-overweight load escort vehicle drivers be certified, and this course fulfills the requirement for both initial and recertification. In this eight-hour course, you will learn safe and effective escort skills, take an exam that documents comprehension of key concepts, and learn about the system of recognizing drivers certified by North Carolina and other states. Certification is valid for four years.
- Advanced registration is required
- This is a non-transferable and non-refundable class
- These classes are self-supported; fee-exempt status does not apply
- All materials are included in the registration fee
- For more general information: NCDOT Escort Vehicle Operator Certification General Information and Instructions (PDF)
Preview the handbook: NCDOT Escort Vehicle Operator Handbook (PDF)
There are currently no available classes.