The purpose of the Purchasing System is to:
- Provide for the fair and equitable treatment of all persons or firms involved in purchasing by the College
- Assure that supplies, services, and construction are procured efficiently, effectively, and at the most favorable prices available to the College
- Promote competition in contracting
- Provide safeguards for maintaining a procurement system of quality and integrity
- Assure that the College purchasing actions are in full compliance with applicable federal standards, System regulations, and North Carolina law.
The information above is derived from the Purchasing Policy is Section BP 5.2 of the Craven Community College Board of Trustees Policies.
For more information view the Purchasing Procedures Manual.