The “My Career Advancement Account” (MyCAA) scholarship program provides military spouses with career development and employment assistance. MyCAA helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, or associate degrees (excluding associate degrees in General Studies, Liberal Arts, and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration) necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth portable career fields and occupations.

Who is eligible for MyCAA Financial Assistance?

  • Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 who can start and complete their coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserve Components in these same pay grades.

What will MyCAA pay for?

  • Tuition costs for education and training courses and examinations

Additional information or assistance

  • MyCAA Spouse Portal
  • Call 1-800-342-9647 to speak with a MyCAA consultant or, if you already have an established MyCAA account, use your Message Box to receive information and assistance

Admissions Procedures

  1. Set up your MyCAA account. A MyCAA consultant will contact you via email to schedule an interview. Once you complete your interview and you are qualified for benefits, a Military Advisor will complete and Education and Training Plan (E&TP) and email it to you. It is your responsibility to email the E&TP to MyCAA for approval.
  2. Begin with step 4 of this checklist if you are not taking Workforce Development classes.
  3. If you planning on completing a Workforce Development Certificate, you may register for class once your E&TP is approved. Please ensure that you inform personnel that you are using MyCAA. Your advisor will place a hold on your account to allow for the TA/MyCAA approval process. Once you receive your voucher, bring it to our Business Office at the Havelock or New Bern campus for processing. Be prepared to pay any other fees, if applicable.
  4. Complete the application for determination of residency for tuition purposes.
  5. Apply to Craven Community College online.
  6. Apply for financial aid. This can be a lengthy process, so be sure to do this right after applying.
  7. Schedule a placement test. You may be required to take the placement test unless you are waived from having to take them. For more details, contact the Admissions Office on our New Bern campus at 252-638-7200 or by email, Havelock campus at 252-444-6003 or by email, or MCAS Cherry Point office at 252-444-6000.
  8. Request to have all official high school and post-secondary transcripts sent to:

Craven Community College
Student Records

800 College Court
New Bern, NC 28562

  1. Request to have your official Joint Service Transcripts (JST) sent to us. Register for an account and then request that an official copy be sent to us at the address below.

If you have served in the Air Force, please go to Air University to request that a copy of your transcript be sent to:

Craven Community College
Student Records
800 College Court
New Bern, NC 28562

  1. Register for Student Orientation. All new students are required to attend a student orientation session.
  2. Register for classes with an Academic Advisor. If you are using TA or MyCAA benefits, please inform your advisor. Your advisor will place a hold on your account to allow for the TA/MyCAA approval process.
  3. Submit your class schedule to our New Bern campus (Barker Hall, Suite 109), Havelock campus (Redd Building, Suite 101), or our MCAS Cherry Point office (Jerry Marvel Training and Education, room 120). Call the Student Accounts office at 252-638-7268 and they will hold your classes.

Contact Information

Military Resources
Redd Building
Havelock Campus

Military Friendly (R) Schools silver '22-23 logo small

Have questions?

We’re here to help.

Contact Us

Required fields are marked with an asterisk '*'.