Our Information Technology (IT) Cybersecurity & Networking Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program offers a cluster of classes that highlight specific technical paths in cybersecurity and network management, helping to prevent data breaches and cyberattacks. Emphasis is placed on security concepts, perimeter defense, and intrusion detection.
Upon graduation, you will qualify for employment in entry-level positions with businesses, educational systems, and governmental agencies that rely on computer systems to design and manage information. The program will incorporate the competencies of industry-recognized certification exams from Microsoft, Comp-TIA, Cisco, and others.
The IT Cybersecurity program also offers diploma and certificate options.
Learn more about this program’s student outcome data.
Skills You’ll Learn
The IT Cybersecurity and Networking program is focused on job-related skills in the following areas:
- Communicating professionally and thinking critically
- Mastering programming logic principles, identifying security risks, and selecting appropriate hardware and software applications
- Understanding security principles including authentication, confidentiality, and access control to make systems less vulnerable to failures and attacks
There are many employment opportunities for IT Cybersecurity and Networking graduates, including:
- Cybersecurity analyst/specialist
- Forensic computer analyst
- Information security analyst
- View more career opportunities
Industry Certifications Available
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Palo Alto Network Certified Network System Administrator
- Wireshark Certified Network Analyst
Plan of Study
The recommended course sequence for this program and a complete list of related classes are available in the Academic Catalog. Click the button below to view a copy of this plan of study, which is also available as a PDF.