Our Adult High School programs prepare students ages 16 and up to obtain their adult high school diploma or high school equivalency (GED or HiSet). Minors must have special paperwork to participate.
These programs provide instruction for improvement in reading, writing, math, and technology including workplace literacy and soft skills. Classes are offered in New Bern (morning and evening), Havelock (evenings only), and online (based upon placement scores). All CCR classes are offered at no charge, and most materials are provided.
Both programs do the following:
- Provide instruction for improvement in reading, writing, and math
- Serve students with intellectual disabilities
- Offer classes at both the New Bern and Havelock campuses and other locations across Craven County
They are offered through our College & Career Readiness department.
Adult High School Diploma
- Complete remaining high school credits and earn the North Carolina Adult High School Diploma
High School Equivalency (GED/HiSet)
- Earn a North Carolina High School Diploma Equivalency by passing the four-part test (social studies, science, language, and math)
- Recognized by most colleges, government agencies, and employers
Basic Skills Plus
Our Basic Skills Plus program provides students with a competitive edge in today’s employment market by providing opportunities to earn a High School Equivalency Diploma, Certified Nurse Aide Certificate, and college credits. For more information, please call 252-638-1587.
Your first step in our Adult High School or High School Equivalency (GED/HiSet) program begins with First Step classes. This is a four-day orientation and placement testing class which helps you better prepare for success.
Please call 252-638-7265 for information on testing and orientation dates and to schedule a time. Testing and orientation must be completed before attending class.