Funds are now available to cover up to 100% of your college tuition. Whether you just graduated high school or want to change your current career path, money is now available to help your college dreams become a reality. Funds provided by Federal and State relief packages, as well as the Craven CC Foundation may be used for short-term job training, career and technical degrees, healthcare programs, and two-year transfer degrees.
Ask us today about what free college opportunities are available to you. Some of the programs eligible to provide 100% of tuition to qualifying students include:
- University Transfer Degrees (AA, AS)
- Information Technology
- Basic Law Enforcement
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- CDL Truck Driver Training
- Forklift Operator
- Diesel Technician
- Real Estate
- Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belt
- Cardiographic/EKG Tech
- Nurse Aide
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Asst & Pet Handling
- Aviation Sheet Metal
- FAA General/Power Plant/Air Frame
*Not all programs and fees are eligible to be covered at the 100% rate. Speak to an advisor for details on eligibility.
Free Tuition for 2021 Grads
If you’re a 2021 high school graduate, you may be eligible to attend Craven CC tuition free! Thanks to the Longleaf Commitment Grant, if you meet the following criteria, you’re guaranteed to receive financial aid to cover the cost of tuition and fees to earn an associate degree and/or credits to transfer to a four-year institution.
Full-time eligible students are guaranteed to receive $700 to $2,800 per year for a total of two years. Less than full-time students may receive a partial award. The Longleaf Commitment Grant program ends at the conclusion of the 2023 spring semester. Eligible students must:
- Be a 2021 graduate from a North Carolina high school
- Be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes
- Be a first-time college student – Career & College Promise (CCP) and Early College high school students are eligible
- Enroll in a curriculum program for the Fall 2021 semester
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours per semester
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2021-22
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from $0 – $15,000. EFC is based on the student’s FAFSA determination
- Renew FAFSA for the 2022-23 academic year and meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements of Craven CC
To get started, you first need to complete the North Carolina Residency Application, then apply for admission at Craven CC and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). There is not a separate Longleaf Commitment Grant application as consideration for funding is automatic once the FAFSA is filed and local college verification is completed. If you’re eligible, you will receive an award letter from the Craven CC Financial Aid office.
What’s the College Experience Worth to You?
The college experience has changed but the cost has stayed the same. Four-year universities are offering more online classes and all the big events have been canceled, but they are still charging students top dollar for a “college experience” that’s 47% more than tuition at Craven Community College.
Craven CC students pay an average of $2,023 a year for tuition versus an average tuition of $4,553 per year at North Carolina’s public universities.*
And that’s not including fees, housing, or meal plans.
Right now, many of the exact same classes are being offered online at both Craven CC and the big universities. At Craven Community College, you could take those classes for $76 a credit hour or through a four-year university at $166 per credit hour.
These 20 classes stack up to $4,900 at Craven Community College … or you could pay $8,900 to take the same classes online at a four-year college and get virtually the same college experience.**
What is the college experience worth to you?
We don’t have the big game on Saturday, but we do have the smaller class sizes, online learning, and virtually the same campus life experience you’re paying top dollar for at a university. Save money this spring and get the quality education you deserve at Craven Community College.
Request More Information
* Average tuition for full time students at UNC public universities. Figure does not include schools in the Promise Program (Western Carolina University, Elizabeth City State University and UNC Pembroke). Full listing available here https://www.northcarolina.edu/wp-content/uploads/reports-and-documents/finance-documents/2020-21-UG-tuition-and-fees.pdf
** Tuition for a maximum load at East Carolina University is $2,226 per semester, equaling a total tuition of $8,904 across four semesters.