Our Aviation Systems Technology (AST) - Powerplant program will provide you with hands-on training in a wide variety of military and civilian aircraft. You’ll become familiar with a complete array of aircraft systems, from nose to tail. Emphasis is placed on general aviation and powerplant maintenance.
The AST program also offers a degree and other diploma options.
Aviation Systems Technology Training for Military
Craven Community College has a specialized training program for students who have prior military aircraft maintenance experience. Through our Workforce Development program, students can take the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) General/Airframe and FAA/General Powerplant certification exams.
Skills You’ll Learn
The Aviation Systems Technology program is focused on job-related skills in the following areas:
- Inspecting airframe components, systems, and structures as allowed by FAA authority
- Repairing airframe components, systems, and structures within the prescribed limits as allowed by FAA authority
- Demonstrating proper documentation of maintenance, servicing, and repair records as required by FAA standards and authority
There are many employment opportunities for Aviation Systems Technology graduates, including:
- Air carriers
- Aircraft manufacturers
- Fixed base operators
- Flight schools
- Government aviation operations
- Repair stations
- View more career opportunities
Plan of Study
The recommended course sequence for this program and a complete list of related classes are available in the Academic Catalog. Click the button below to view a copy of this plan of study, which is also available as a PDF.