Choosing the right career can be a daunting task for many individuals. Here at Craven Community College, we are dedicated in helping you explore the right career path that matches your interest, values, and traits in order to help you obtain your future desired lifestyle. We stand firm by this commitment by offering several resources that can help you in making this important decision. These items include career-planning tools, information about our programs, and career readiness classes or seminars.
On-Site Job Assistance Powered by NCWorks
Craven County NCWorks can help all job seekers get assistance with job search,
resume and cover letter writing, preparing for interviews, and career planning and
Support services include:
- Resume Writing
- Cover Letter Writing
- Interview Prep
- Job Searches
- Job Placement
- Career Planning & Coaching
Advisors are available for virtual appointment every Wednesday from 8-5 p.m. An invite will be emailed after scheduling an appointment. Schedule an Appointment.
To request virtual appointment on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday, email NCWorks.
Reflection and Self-Evaluation
The first step in career planning should be to gather information about yourself to assist in making a decision about a career. Career assessments can help you explore your interests, skills, values, and preferences as they relate to choosing a major or career. While no assessment can perfectly describe who you are or what your career is to be, they are valuable in helping you narrow your search and consider options you may not have previously considered.
Career Planning Tools
- Career Coach allows you explore your interests, skills and knowledge to find a career path that is right for you.
- Reality Check, from the North Carolina Department of Commerce, is a fun, new online tool designed to estimate the income necessary to support your desired lifestyle.
The next step in career planning is to explore and research your options. Exploring takes your self-assessment a step further by looking at your personal interests, skills, values, and work-life needs and narrowing down areas of possibilities.
- Explore Careers through College Foundation of NC.
- Learn more about the Programs available at Craven Community College. We offer several degree, certificate, and diploma options, Continuing Education courses, and Basic Skills classes.
- Speak to an advisor
- Explore job shadowing or internship opportunities.
Barker Hall, Room 109
Email an Advisor